Thursday, December 18, 2008

House Of Pain rochester,ny (The mind of a scary clown)


When i first started working at the house of pain it was an new experience. I heard of it through school and i needed community service hours. so I went there and met the people that ran the building, they were still putting the place together and i help when i could. The staff started to put people as characters and they chose me to be the clown. Me being a person that likes to gain respect and earn trust professionally i said OK. My mind was saying oh no!! me being a clown what kind of voice can i do for straight scares? Me being a good actor in improv i stop stressing and said i would go with the flow what ever happens, happens. When the first people came threw i scared them, I was like okay, but i didn't see that as good enough. Until people higher up started saying "The Clown" was great. The boss was a very hard working lady nick name Jo Jo complemented me on how good i was and that really increase my confidence. Being in a room for up to seven hours with this weird clown chuckle that was audio ran and strobe lights that cover the room, my mind started to open. I started to feel crazy and derange as the character i played . The way i position myself in the room scared people at least 95% of the time. When the company started to get more known the more people pour in. Sometimes no breaks, but instead of looking at in a bad way it really mature me as an actor. I felt like if i could work in these condition with constant improvement. I had a great experience with the staff and fellow actors. If i could work that character until the business no longer is ran wouldn't be a problem for me. Being a fan of Johnny Depp and will smith gives me the drive to challenge my talent. I think anyone can act like an scary clown but not everyone can be the scary clown.

1 comment:

vanessa said...

I think what you did was very intresting. And the way you handle yourelf in that situation was very mature.